Aaahhhhhhh, Pinterest! So many pins, so little time………
I should guess that there are a fair amount of other’s out there like me.
A few days ago I came across these darling treats that I was sure The Kids secretly wished for but they just didn’t know it yet. Yes, once again it was going to be left up to me to find something on Pinterest that I just had to make and find somebody to let them know that they wanted it to be made for them.
It’s a gift that I have.
I know that many of you are also endowed with the same gift too.
We are blessed.
I like anything quick, simple and easy to be able to surprise The Kids with at the drop of the hat and these Ocean Floats totally filled that bill.
Ocean Floats how to:
You will need the following:
- Any blue beverage (I used Hawaiian Punch Polar Blast)
- Any Lemon – Lime soda
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Swedish Fish for decoration
I simply filled a glass 1/2 full (or to your preference) of the Hawaiian Punch.
Poured Lemon-Lime soda in next leaving extra space at the top to accommodate 1 or 2 scoops of ice cream.
Add ice cream.
Let set for a moment or two and allow the ice cream to begin melting a bit – that will create ‘frothy water’.
Top with a few Swedish Fish.
Add straw and your done!
I tracked the Ocean Floats back to The Crafting Chicks, and there’s a whole ‘nother site that I am going to have to lose 1 or 2 days to!
Of course the kids loved them so I tried one too.
Lovely but not so much for me……way too sweet, so, I have come up with a few Adult versions.
- Simply adjust the Hawaiian Punch to soda ratio to half and half or so. That worked for me and was also sans alcohol.
- Try a Cocktail Infusion (you can buy them at the grocery store as there is no alcohol in them). I like Rose’s Blue Raspberry Mix. Try mixing it with champagne or sparkling wine and add ice cream.
- OR (stick with me here peeps) if you like different styles of beer (I like a nice tart Berliner Weiss Beer) mix a Berliner Weiss style with the Cocktail Infusion mentioned above. For the Berliner Weiss, I love Round Guys Brewery The Berliner but it is also only available regionally in the mid-Atlantic area at this time and maybe not even that wide of a reach. If you would like to try a Berliner Weiss but aren’t sure what or where – shoot me an e-mail and I’ll try and help you source something out locally to you. Berliner Weiss Beer is also delightful mixed with pureed raspberries or orange juice. Add ice cream and a choir of angels will likely sing on your first taste!
Until next time, Enjoy!
- Glasses: Home Goods
- Straws: Party City
- Ingredients: Weis